Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands Volumes 1 & 2 BUNDLE (NEW editions for 2019) — Direct from, and signed by, author
Bundle available now!
$5 off for the pair, on top of $10 off each individual book, for a total savings of $25!
By ordering here, you buy directly from, and best support, the author.
No middleman takes a cut, so Brad can invest more into the creation of additional publications and free online educational resources.
Additionally, local nonprofit Beacon Group, fulfills our orders while providing a large crew of otherly-abled individuals with “a variety of employment-related programs, … education, and socialization … to [help them] lead meaningful, productive lives.”
Turn water scarcity into water abundance!
Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 1, 3rd Edition, is the best-selling, award-winning guide on how to conceptualize, design, and implement life-enhancing water-, sun-, wind-, and shade-harvesting systems for your home, landscape, and community. This book enables you to assess your on-site resources, gives you a diverse array of strategies to maximize their potential, and empowers you with guiding principles to create an integrated, multi-functional plan specific to your site and needs.
Clearly written with more than 290 illustrations, this full color volume helps bring your site to life, reduce your cost of living, endow yourself and your community with skills of self-reliance and cooperation, and create living air conditioners of vegetation growing beauty, food, and wildlife habitat. Stories of people who are successfully welcoming rain into their life and landscape will invite you to do the same.
This is the book I recommend people start with!
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Images: Over 290
- Publisher: Rainsource Press; Revised Third Edition (August 1, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-09772464-5-8
- Library of Congress Control Number (LCCN): 2019904892
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 inches x 9/16 inch x 10 7/8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
Table of Contents from Volume 1, 3rd Edition
• Best Indie Books of the Year pick by Kirkus Reviews
• Southwest Book of the Year pick by the Pima County Public Library
• Finalist Foreword Magazine’s Book of the Year
• Silver Award, Nautilus Book Awards
• Bronze Medal, Living Now Book Awards
• Finalist, Eric Hoffer Book Award
• Best Book Award by USA Book News National Book Awards
Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 2, 2nd Edition is a how-to guide enabling you to “plant the rain” by creating water-harvesting “earthworks” or “rain gardens.” Earthworks are simple, inexpensive strategies and landforms that passively harvest multiple sources of free on-site water including rainfall, stormwater runoff, air conditioning condensate, and greywater within “living tanks” of soil and vegetation. The plants then pump the water back out? in the form of beauty, food, shelter, wildlife habitat, timber and forage, while controlling erosion, reducing down-stream flooding, dropping utility costs, increasing soil fertility, enhancing the soil carbon sponge, and improving water and air quality.
This dramatically revised and expanded full-color second edition builds on the information in Volume 1 by showing you how to turn your yard, school, business, park, and neighborhood into lively, regenerative producers of resources. Conditions at home will improve as you simultaneously enrich the ecosystem and inspire the surrounding community.
Learn to select, place, size, construct, and plant your chosen earthworks. All is made easier and more effective by the illustrations of natural patterns of water and sediment flow with which you can collaborate or mimic. Detailed step-by-step instructions with close to 500 images show you how to do it, and plentiful stories of success motivate you so you will do it!
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Images: Over 550
- Publisher: Rainsource Press; Revised Second Edition (September 21, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-09772464-4-1
- Library of Congress Number (LCCN): 2019904892
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 inches x 27/32 inch x 10 7/8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
Table of Contents from Volume 2, 2nd Edition
Preface to Volume 2, 2nd Edition
• Winner, DIY Book Festival – How-To Category
• Gold Medal, Living Now Book Awards – Gardening/Landscaping
• Silver Award, Nautilus Book Awards – Ecology/Environment/Sustainability
• Silver Award of Achievement, Garden Writers Association Media Awards
• Finalist, Arizona Book Publishers Association Glyph Award – Reference
• Pick, Southwest Book of the Year by the Pima County Public Library
• Finalist, USA Book News National Best Book Awards – Gardening
• Finalist, Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Award – Home and Garden
Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 1, 3rd Edition (NEW 2019) — Direct from, and signed by, author
|Dimensions||1 × 8.5 × 11 in|
Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 2, 2nd Edition (NEW 2019) — Direct from, and signed by, author
|Dimensions||1 × 8.5 × 11 in|