Presentation for viewing: Turning Wastes Into Resources with the integrated harvest of greywater, rainwater, and more.
Brad Lancaster narrates this 45-minute long, 37-slide, power point presentation followed by a few questions and answers facilitated by Greg Peterson of the Urban Farm.
It can be purchased for viewing.
Upon purchase, you’ll receive the viewing link and password in your order receipt.
View as often as you like.
Greywater harvesting is the primary emphasis of the presentation, covering:
• greywater-harvesting principles;
• gravity-fed components and systems such as…
– branched drain systems,
– multi-drain pipe system for washing machines,
– outdoor showers,
– bucket and chuck it system,
– and various greywater outlet options;
• placement of greywater-irrigated trees to passively heat and cool your home.
Many real life examples are shared so you can learn from both their successes and mistakes.
The presentation is informed by, and builds on, the greywater harvesting chapter of “Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 2, 2nd Edition,” which goes into more detail on how to design and implement these systems.